Making this giant balloon bow is this is the perfect way to decorate for an upcoming baby shower or girls birthday!
Order the supplies
- 200 10in balloons ( I used 2 packs of these balloons)
- Balloon pump
- 260 balloons for hanging to the wall
- Outdoor Light Clips
- Fishing line for stringing the balloons together
How to Make your Own Balloon Bow
- Start by inflating 2 balloons and tying them together.
- Repeat this and then twist the two clusters together. This is called a “balloon quad”.
- Make 12 balloon quads.
- Use your fishing line and string the 12 balloon quads together. Watch video to see how to do this. It seems complicated at first, but trust me it’s easy if you just try it!
- You’ll need to make 4 strings of 12 balloon quads
- Tie 2 of the 4 balloon strings together to make an “O”. This will be the two bow loops.
- Hang the 3M Command strips on the wall
- Tie a longer ballloon, the 260 balloons, to the fishing line to hook the balloons to the wall
- Use one 260 balloon to tie the two loops together
- Tie in the remaining balloon strips
- Adjust your balloons as needed to create the final look
That’s it! The balloon bow will last for 2-3 weeks so you can make it in advance of your party.
Watch the Video I sHared on Instagram for more details
Make it a Bow Themed Party
If you’re having a baby shower or girl’s birthday party, make the whole party bow themed!
I linked some fun party decorations I found on Etsy: