This blog post as been a long time in the making! I wanted to make these personalized coffee mugs as gifts for my friends after I saw these reusable starbucks cups on Amazon. I LOVE how they turned out and at under $5 per cup they are super affordable to make. Keep reading to find out how to make your own. It’s not a problem if you don’t have a silhouette cameo you can also order vinyl stickers from Etsy and add them to your coffee mugs.
Below I’ll go into detail about how to make a vinyl sticker if you have a Silhouette Cameo. If you don’t have one, no problem, you can order a vinyl sticker from Etsy for super cheap and add the stickers to your coffee mug! Here are a few vinyl sticker options: Name OR Monogram.
Making the Vinyl Sticker
- Design your sticker in Silhouette Studio, a free design software that allows you to create designs for the Silhouette Cameo!
- I like to use the font ‘Lilly Belle’ or ‘Magnolia Sky’
- Be sure to ‘Weld’ the font on the design studio so the text becomes one object
- Be sure to measure before you design and cut! Measure the area you’re adding the sticker to and make sure the height and width of your design fits on the coffee mug.
- Send the file to the Silhouette Cameo 3 as a cutting file for ‘glossy vinyl’. Check out my video below for more details on how to do this.
- “Weed” the vinyl and remove the excess.
- Use transfer paper to move the vinyl to your coffee mug.
- Remove the transfer paper and enjoy your coffee.
After you add the vinyl sticker please know that the coffee mug is hand wash only. I brought my coffee mug to work last week and got so many compliments on it. Send me and email if you have any questions or need help! You can reach me at Simplysheppard@gmail.com