Having a busy week, running from work to work-out classes, then to dinner with friends can be hectic. I found my self always switching purses to match my outfit for the day and keeping old receipts in my purse for no reason. I decided to put an end to the madness and re-evaluate the original need for a purse.
If you’re familiar with the lean six-sigma mindset and enjoy be organized, then this blog post is for you! I got this cute Dooney & Burke purse from my Aunt for my Birthday and knew right away- this was the purse that would help me stay organized. First let’s talk about the size, if you’re looking for an all-in-one purse to bring with you all day then it needs to at least 10 x 10 inches. Yes, clutches covered in pom-poms are cute, but realistically it’s not going to fit my planner and everything I need for work.
Here’s a rundown of what I keep in my purse on a daily basis to minimize carrying junk and maximize practicality. The most important tip, clean out your purse at least once a week: throw out old receipts, wipe out the bottom that’s collected crumbs, and even run through your wallet and make sure only your essential cards are there. Watch out, the wallet is an easy place to get cluttered quickly. Once a month do big clean of your wallet and purse. Also, polish the leather to keep your purse nice.
Let’s get down to the essentials, here what I keep in my purse;
What I keep in my purse
- This Dooney & Burke bag is so cute and the perfect size for my go-to purse.
- I love this Kate Spade wallet because of the size and color. It’s bright so I can easily spot it in my purse.
- The fur poof and key ring are essential for not losing my keys!
- Air pods: I was hesitant to buy these at first, but my boyfriend got a pair and I used them so frequently that he asked me to get my own, lol. These headphones are amazing because of their user friendly design. They connect to your phone when you place them in your ears and pause when you take one out of your ear. They have helped me consolidated and go cordless.
- S’well Water bottle: I love the 17 oz S’well because it keeps ice cold all day and it is perfect to keep me hydrated on the go.
- Sunglasses: Pretty much an essential for the summer time!
- Blue sky planner: I have used this planner for the past 3 years. I love it because of the cost and design.
- Cosmetics: Cover girl lip gloss & Tory Burch perfume roller. I don’t bother with makeup after I’ve left the house, but these are
- Boulevard Cosmetic bag: I got this as a gift from my friend and have loved using it to store cosmetics so they don’t float around my purse.
I know this sounds type A to the max and yes, I am type A, but believe me, the more intentional you are about keeping an organized purse, the easier your week will be.
Good luck staying organized!